Insects are the species that are living more than 1000 years in this world, and they are also called pests. These species are tiny and look irritated. There are many people who are still afraid of roaches because of their appearance. Not only do they look dangerous, but also the actions of this kind of pests are harmful to human health. The presence of insects or pests in your home will eliminate hygiene and health. If your home contains children, then you need to be more careful about the actions of these insects. In this article, we will discuss the best ways to control home insects.
Common House Insects
The common pests that can be found in the human living area are mosquitoes, roaches, ants, houseflies, termites, etc., You can also find the rodents like rats, mice, and squirrels. Usually, these pests are attracted by darkness and moisture. They feed on the wastages generated by every house.
Causes of Home Insects
1. The presence of pests in your home will ensure that your place is not safe to stay.
2. This makes a non-hygienic and unhealthy lifestyle, though you are enough clean.
3. The insects like mosquitoes will bite you by traveling to many places, which can cause several diseases like Malaria, Dengue, and Typhoid.
4. Bites from the roaches are rare, but they will make the food products, and your place produces a heavy smell.
5. One of the most common pests which disturb many homes is bed bugs.
6. Bed bugs are tiny, but their bite will make itchiness, black spot, and even swelling.
7. The actions of rodents in your home will damage the properties like food, papers, wood, and even the electric wire.
8. Rats have the habit of chewing something and they are the reason for many of the short circuits.
9. Termites can chew the wood products, papers, cellulose materials in the walls and cupboards.
Ways to Control Home Insects
1. The first thing to get rid of these pests is cleanliness.
2. Regularly clear your wastes without any leftovers in all the rooms.
3. Avoid moisture and darkness and allow sunlight in your home.
4. Sunlight is the natural defender of many pests like termites, roaches, and ants.
5. Hire a skip for collecting your wastes instead of throwing them off in the open land.
6. Always close the bins tightly after use.
7. Make use of natural enemies like dogs and cats to avoid the presence of rodents.
8. Room spray is also one of the excellent repellents to eliminate the presence of houseflies.
There is a number of ways to get rid of the home insects, that can be done by yourself. Though they are effective, these methods cannot withstand for a long time. You should hire a professional pest control service to eliminate the presence and infestation of the pests completely. The professional experts will have the knowledge of eliminating all types of pests. They will proceed with their work without using any harmful chemicals this will be safer for the homes contains kids and pets.
Pest Control is the process of monitoring, identifying, controlling, and eliminating the action of pests. The pests like roaches, termites, ants, and the rodents like mice, rats, and squirrels are attracted by the food wastes. It is important to clear the wastes immediately and regularly. Hire a separate skip for the kitchen and collect the wastes in the bins for composting or disposal. Make sure the bin is closed with a tight lid and there are not any leakages. Because the liquid waste can be leaked through cracks, and it will attract roaches and mosquitoes. The kitchen is the favorite place for many people where the food is prepared. Food is the essential thing for a living, it should be hygienic and healthy. If the pests arrive in your kitchen, the food cannot be hygienic and healthy. In this article, we will discuss pest control tips for your kitchen.
Pest Control Tips for Home Kitchen
Here, we listed some of the home remedies to get rid of the pests in your kitchen. You can avoid the presence of pests if you follow these basic five steps or tips. They are,
- Keep your Kitchen Dry
- Use Airtight Containers
- Clean your Cabinets
- Dispose of the Wastes
- Deep clean your Kitchen
Keep your Kitchen Dry
Moisture is the first and most attractor of the pests like mosquitoes, roaches, and termites. These pests will travel to many places and get seated in your food. This makes the food unhealthy and sometimes it led to poisonous substances for children. To avoid this, always try to keep your kitchen dry and leave space for sunlight. The Sunlight is the natural defender of pests.
Use Airtight Containers
You can avoid the unnecessary wastage of food by using this type of airtight container. Try to eat only in the dining and kitchen and make sure there is no other food waste in any other places. The airtight containers will keep the products safe and healthy.
Clean your Cabinets
Clean the vessels, cupboards, and other food containers regularly after their usage. Cleanliness is the first process to avoid the pests and insects in your place. Try to place some of the naphthalene balls inside the cabinet which can eliminate the presence of termites and bed bugs inside the cupboard.
Dispose of the Wastes
Waste is the major attractor of all the common pests in your place. The food waste not only attracts pests, but also it will give birth to many bacteria and viruses. Try to hire a separate bin for compost which will make you recycle your waste. You can generate your own natural fertilizer for your garden.
Deep Clean your Kitchen
Clean your kitchen at the end of the tenancy. Make sure that every edge and even the small place is cleared and washed properly. Vacuuming will help to catch the hidden pests in your kitchen. By the process of deep cleaning, you can find the infested place. This is one of the best pest control methods for your kitchen. Make the deep cleaning process at least monthly once.
Termites are also known as white ants, but this species does not belong to the ant species. These termites are found in moisture places and the wood which is wasted and the place where the sunlight is not available. These termites can chew the whole wood slowly if it is not identified and eliminated. There are many ways to remove termites from your home but the natural pest control method will be helpful for health and the environment.
Control Termites in Natural Method
Nematodes are also a type of pest which is a parasitic worm that loves to eat termites. You can buy this from the nearby shop or order online and leave them in the places where the termites are available. The nematodes will do their work and finish their lunch. The worms will reproduce easily and eliminate the termites completely without leaving one. This is the most efficient way for eliminating termites completely from your home.
Vinegar is a common ingredient that can be found in all our households. The vinegar can be used to clean the dusted places like the kitchen, bathroom, etc., This vinegar is a wonderful material that is used to kill termites. For this process, you need a mixture, mix the vinegar with the lemon juice, and mix consistently and hold the mixture in a spray bottle. Then spray this mixture where the termites are found. The acidic reaction of lemon and vinegar can kill the termites. Spray this mixture regularly to eliminate or to kill all the termites which are hiding.
Borates are a mixture of borax powder and water. This will kill the termites. The borax powder will be available in shops which are commonly known as Sodium Borate. You can directly apply the powder to the area where the termites are available, or you can mix it with water and spray around the area where the termites are available. Regularly spray this mixture when you found more termites are available.
The orange oil is available in garden stores, home improvement stores or you can buy it online. These are made from orange peels and d-limonene. You can directly spray this oil where the termites are available. The oil causes the termites to dissolve and lose moisture and in end, the termites will die. Regularly spray this oil where the termites are available or where these are from to keep your home free from termites.
As the termites love to eat wet wood and cellulose and are attracted by moisture. So, take a piece of cardboard and make it wet with water, and keep it near the termites. The wet board will attract the termites and soon the termites will completely hold on to the wet board. Now you can take that board out and burn it to kill the termites. Repeat this process till the termites are eliminated completely.
Since the termites are opponent to the sunlight, you can make use of sunlight directly to eliminate the termites. Keep your home absorbing more sunlight to remove the presence of termites. Do not leave any moisture place to avail the termites. Keep the termite attracted wood in sunlight to remove the termites completely.
According to recent research treating the pests in an organic way is the best method of controlling the pests in an efficient way without causing any damages to normal lives. Some pest exterminators practice only a natural way to control the pests without using any chemicals. This adds more value and reputation to the pest control experts. Let’s check out the benefits of natural pest control methods.
Benefits of Natural Pest control Methods
Natural pest control methods have a various advantage and it doesn’t bring any harm to our environment and using of any excess of natural pest control products is also safe for the environment health. It doesn’t bring any vast damage to surroundings and people’s health.
1. Adds more Advantage for the Environment Health
As we early mentioned treating the living location with the natural pest control method is best for environmental health. The natural and organic pest control method increases environmental health by preventing damages.
2. You can achieve long-lasting results
Using natural products or natural pest control treatment may be a slow process but the treatment will last for long period. Some people prefer speedy recovery, for those people the natural pest control method will be a joke. once if they understand the real benefits behind the natural pest control method, then they will never use chemical products to treat the pests in their place.
3. Prevents causing of diseases
While using the chemical pesticide, there is more possibility for the health risk due to the toxins present in the chemical pesticides. To avoid such risk, go for the natural pest control method and prevent the causing of various health issues.
4. Low cost
The natural pest control method includes home remedies and natural products available in-home or garden. so it does require more money to invest in buying any expensive products.
5. Doesn’t cause any damage
Using natural products to control the pests doesn’t cause any damage to your place, crops, or health.
Only a standard pest control company knows all the risks behind the pest-proofing technique, and they know how to manage efficient pest proofing for your building. They work closely with you with full involvement to make your place free from the various types of pests. Instead of handling the pest-proofing on your own, let the pest control experts carry out efficient pest-proofing methods for your building.
What is pest-proofing?
Pest proofing is a precautionary method to seal all the possible entries of pests. Pest proofing makes your place free from pests and other animals. Pest proofing is one of the best ways to limit pest infestation and limits the incoming of pests like rodent’s entry, mosquitos, cockroaches, fleas, bugs, etc.
Many pests visit your place due to the season change and in seeking food and shelter. So, taking a necessary step to block the entry point of pests before they infest your place can reduce the chances of severe damages.
Here we listed some pest-proofing techniques to decrease pest infestation and make your place free from pests for all four seasons.
1. The bottom and corners are the most possible places for the pest to enter and make its residence. To seal the bottoms, install door sweeps for all exterior doors to block the entries. Even an inch gap makes the pest inside, so give more attention to your exterior doors and seal it properly with the help of door sweeps. Not only windows pay some attention to ceiling points and windows.
2. Apply pest control caulk available on market on each corner and door sides to block the ant’s entry. Doing this as a regular routine helps to reduce the entry of mosquitoes, flies, and all winter pests.
3. Properly seal all the openings and small gaps in your building. Pipes and wiring porting are the evergreen entry points for common pests like rodents, ants, spiders, and mice. Seal such holes with white cement, cork, copper mesh, or steel. These are the hard material that restricts the pest entry.
5. Use exterior pest-proofing treatments like insecticides and pesticides helps to reduce pest infestation. Discuss with professional pest control experts before choosing the pesticides or insecticides for your building.
Hiring a pest control services to handle an effective pest proofing treatment for your building have more advantage and it reduces the risk of damages.
A mosquito hawk is the same as a native mosquito, having the same body structure but large. These flies are also referred to as crane fly having two large wings, slit legs, and a giant body. With its shape and size, many people thought cranes fly like a giant mosquito. These flies did bring a harmful thread to the common people. Recent studies say crane flies can’t be able to bite or suck your blood.
Like a traditional mosquito, crane flies do not bite or suck human blood. The crane fly work is to mate and procreate. You can find their larvae under the wet soil and leave edges. They come out during the winter season to feed off the plan parts. During summer adults will come out for mating
What is Mosquito Hawk?
The one good thing is mosquito hawks are not a mosquito, they just look like a mosquito. Many people imagine Mosquito Hawk will eat so they named as Mosquito Hawk. The Mosquito Hawks are crane flies, they neither sting nor bite. Mosquito hawk looks like a normal mosquito but large. So, if next time if you see the crawling sound of Mosquito Hawk near your window or door, don’t get panic by seeing its giant size.
- The size of its wing alone 6.5 cm.
- The body looks the same as a large mosquito having skinny legs that can be easily get broken.
- The size of larvae is about two inches
- The larvae stage looks like a caterpillar called leather jackets.
- The life span of an adult flies is up to the mating stage. It dies after laying eggs. The larvae prefer to live in a wet area like ditches and moisture land. They feed the decomposing leaves.
How to get rid of Mosquito Hawk?
No need to worry about the mosquito hawk infestation. But it’s safe to keep your place free from such pests. It causes damages only at the larvae stage, also it is difficult to find the Mosquito Hawk at the larvae stage in your lawns and yards. Here are some hacks to keep away the mosquito hawk from your place.
- Keep all your doors and windows close to prevent Mosquito Hawk from entering your place.
- Regularly trim your indoor plants and keep your place dry.
- Maintain your lawn properly to reduce the crane fly.
- Take care of your drainage place and
- Avoid overflow of waters or water clogging.
The one good thing about Mosquito Hawk is it won’t bite like a normal mosquito. You should take necessary actions only at its larvae stage and try to get rid of them from your lawns to avoid damages to your plants. For more information, connect with the professional pest control service and deal with Mosquito Hawks in an efficient way.
Pest control inspection is carried out by the licensed professional pest control company to conduct regular checking on commercial and residential places to identify the various types of pest infestation in an early stage. The main goal of conducting the pest control inspection to find the root cause of where the pest coming from and what attracts the pest towards your living place. Regular pest inspections help to keep your premises free from the pests like mice, cockroaches, termites, ants, rats, etc.
What are the practices involved in Pest control Inspections?
Conducting pest control inspections involves deep checking of the entire property including basement place, terrace, lofts, bathroom, between tiles, kitchen cabinet, etc. They take more care for each check and more conscious of not missing any places to avoid rechecking. To provide the right solution for the pest problem, an accurate inspection must be needed. check out the practices we handled on pest inspection to provide an accurate pest inspection report to the property owners.
Be ready with proper Tools.
To conduct the pest inspection, you will be equipped with proper tools. Only with the help of proper tools, you will conclude whether the place is infested by pests or not. Below is the list of tools
- Flashlights or torch lights
- Flushing agents
- Broomstick and Dustpan
- Zoom glass or magnifying glass.
- Scribbling pad
While doing the pest inspections especially for residential places, you should be ready to check downstairs and basement areas. Get down along with the flashlights and check for the presence of pests. If you find any signs of pest infest, note down the signs first to find what type of pest is present in your place.
Take Photos for evidence or proof.
Capturing the live shots or the photos helps to explain the pest issues to the property owners. Attach the photos along with the pest inspection reports that help house owners to understand the seriousness of pest infestation in their place. Even the photos help you to handle the best pest control services for all kinds of pests. The photos are considered as evidence of the presence of pests in your place.
Use proper Pest inspection Checklist.
The pest control checklist and pest inspection checklist are the guides for the basic people that every pest control company provides to understand the importance of pest control treatment and pest infestation.
Pest inspection checklists are now available on digital platforms, so the professional easily tack the areas and pest information on their mobile device. This helps to collect the data in a faster way without missing any spots in the property.
Pest control inspection checklist
Pest control inspection becomes a simple job if you have a proper pest control inspection checklist with you. The pest control inspection checklist covers all mandatory things and allows pest exterminators to track all the places without the skip.
- Check for the damages.
- Check for the signs of pests.
- Check for the pest nest on your property.
- Check for droppings and pest smell.
- Check for the pest traffic and footprints.
- Notice the Squeaking sounds.
Pest infestations are the common problems for residential and commercial properties that cause severe damage to the properties and affects human health. There are several factors that attract pests towards your property, the same time preventive factors are also there to prevent the pests like rodents, mosquitoes, ants, flies, cockroaches, etc towards your home. Instead of trying pest control on your own, seeking a technical pest control professional’s help is the best option to control such pests and make your place free from pest infestation. Pest control experts are equipped with the latest pest control tools and techniques who found appropriate solutions for removing a pest in your home and workplace.
Let’s check out what are the pre-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Keep all your windows and doors close and just slightly open the curtains
- Cover all food items in the kitchen cabinets, pantry, dining place, and items inside your refrigerators
- Cover the decorative items like ceramic pieces, wall paintings, and other premises to prevent chemical exposure
- Once you notice the signs of pest infestations, remove the valuable things from the place to avoid further damage
- Keep all your premises clean and trash the unwanted things
- Don’t dump the garbage, rotten and foul smell easily attracts the pest towards your place
- Declutter your store place on a regular basis to avoid the pest entry
These are the basic ways of preventing the pest’s entry to your place.
Let’s check out what are the post-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Once the treatment is over, you should stay away from the place for 24 hours. Wait until the effectiveness of the chemical gets vanish from the place.
- Wash all the cooking appliances and pantry things after the pest control treatment.
- Open all windows and doors for air circulation once the treatment has been done.
- Do not mop the floor for 24 hours that will remove the chemical treatment layer.
- Clean pesticide spills or any chemical sprays left on furniture
Who needs extra care?
If you are planning for pest treatment for your home or office, you should take extra care for humans and workers who are sensitive to chemicals and pesticides.
- Pets and kids in your house
- Pregnant women
- People having breathing troubles and sensitive skins
- People suffering from asthma and allergies
- Aged people and persons who undergo any medical treatments
Things to consider
- Select the pesticides having fewer toxins that will not cause any harm to humans and animals.
- Keep pesticides in a separate place away from kids reach
- Do not store the pesticide along with food items
- Let the professional pest exterminators handle the pesticide dilution and spraying. They know the measurement ratio and terms of using pesticide
Termites, ants, cockroaches, rodents, and other crawling insects are almost living in every home location. If you move are moving into the new house, there are also some chances of pest infestation problems. Therefore, to live in a pest-free residence you should take pest control measures before you shifting to the new house. Contact the pest control services near your place and book an immediate pest inspection before shifting.
Does New House need pest control?
Most of the Studies says pests always find their residence in a newly built home or long-time closed houses. Debris and improper move-out cleaning increase the availability of pest, even in a long term closed property also facing high risk because of pest infestation. Pest also brings various threats and a wide range of infections to human health. Before choosing the wrong type of residence understand a few facts about pest infestation and how to overcome such problems.
Pest control services Before Move-In
Inspecting for the pest before moving into your property is the first precautionary step. Check the entire building both interior and exterior to find the signs of any pest infestation. Check for areas like wooden doors, walls, toilets, kitchen cabinets, outdoor gardens are damaged because of pest. These are the most common places easily attracted by the pests. Only a professional pest control expert knows the exact places where the pest is easily attached to and inspects your place including the rooflines, windows, foundations, and pipelines.
Remove webs and Nests
Removing the webs and wasp nests reduces the possibility of pests return to your place. Check for the pest nest and web on the terrace, basement area, rooftops, room corners, near garbage, indoor and outdoor plants. While inspecting the nest make sure there are no eggs or birds in the nest before eradicating. Use some natural spray on the nest and dispose of it using a properly sealed container or bag.
Seal The entry Points
After removing the nest and web from your place, the next important step is to seal the small gaps and openings in your property to avoid pest entry. Closely watch the door gaps, window openings, wall cracks, and seal them temporarily or permanently based on the advice of pest control experts.
Pest Control Treatment
Nowadays while constructing a building various pest control cement and treatments are available that helps to restrict pest entry. The pest control treatments are coming along with cement or they directly injecting the germs protection solution to the walls. Direct injection of termiticide liquid on the walls, concretes, or mixing along with the foundation protects your building from the pests and it lasts for the long term. This procedure is applicable for all raw materials like soil, woods, cement, So, you need not worry about pest problems in the future. Check out the cost of pest control treatment before committing to your place.
For more details get the proper guidance from the pest exterminators and make your place free from pest infestation.
Allowing pest control services to eradicate bed bug in your place is not ends with them, there are steps you should follow to make the pest control process easier and shorter. The blog is about What to expect after the bed bug treatment carried out by the professional pest control treatment. Once
a pest control team enters your place, they will give you a list of guidelines, how long the pest control will take place, how long you should wait to re-enter your place, what are the things you need to cover, and what are the household things you need to remove temporarily from your place until the pest control treatment ends.
Controlling bed bugs is a time-consuming process and needs more physical examination after the treatment to verify if any eggs are left after the treatment. If any eggs found, you don’t consider the treatment was unsuccessful. The eggs will eradicate completely in two to three visits. The only thing is you must approach a reputed pest control service. Only a professional pest control team knows all the tricks in treating bed bugs and clearly guides you on what to expect after bed bug treatment?
To continue a sound sleep without any bed bug problem, know what are the things you need to do before and after bed bug treatment.
Steps to take before bed bug treatment
- Wrap all your things in your place
- Remove all indoor plants and allow pets to stay outside before the pest control treatment starts
- Cover all valuable antique decorative things and valuable jewels with a thick sheet
- If need replaces the wooden furniture and food items before the treatment starts.
- However, the situation getting worst, don’t try to handle the treatment by yourself without knowing the root cause. This may lead to the spreading of bed bugs in a rapid process.
Steps to take After bed bug treatment
- Once you enter your place after the bed bug treatment, the first thing to do is open all your windows and doors for proper ventilation.
- Let your house cleaning services to clean your entire house by deep mopping and vacuuming. Also, wash window curtains, bedsheets, pillow covers.
- Place other kinds of stuff like toys and cushions in a dryer for an hour
- Give a gentle wipe to the walls, tables, furniture
- Bring back indoor plants, pets, and furniture back to your place.
- If the infestation is huge replace the bedsheet and mattress
Tips to maintain your place free from the bed infestation
- Identify the signs of bed bugs in an earlier stage helps to avoid spreading.
- When you return from travel don’t take all your luggage near your bed. Place it outside for a while and if possible, use a dryer on the luggage things to avoid the bed bug infestation.
- Regular cleaning of bed linens and bed covers. Also, check the mattress layer by layer.
- Vacuum the carpets and rugs in a daily routine help to control the bed bugs