Each season brings some seasonal pests towards your home, garden, and working place. The types of pest may differ from one season to another and also it carries from one place to another place based on the climate and location. The house owner and commercial shop owners find all ways to control the incoming pests in different ways. Actually controlling the pests from the home and garden is like a battle between the owners and the pests. To keep the pests away from the place and to prevent further incoming pests many house owners hire professional pest control experts. Some of the house and commercial owners try to control the pest on their own by using natural repellents or by practicing DIY pest control methods. There are tons of methods to control pests and prevent pest infestation in living places. Controlling the pests by using the chemical and pesticides are top among the pest control methods due to the speed recovery but many people don’t aware of negatives behind the using of chemicals or toxins to control the pests.
According to recent research treating the pests in an organic way is the best method of controlling the pests in an efficient way without causing any damages to normal lives. Some pest exterminators practice only a natural way to control the pests without using any chemicals. This adds more value and reputation to the pest control experts. Let’s check out the benefits of natural pest control methods.
Benefits of Natural Pest control Methods
Natural pest control methods have a various advantage and it doesn’t bring any harm to our environment and using of any excess of natural pest control products is also safe for the environment health. It doesn’t bring any vast damage to surroundings and people’s health.
1. Adds more Advantage for the Environment Health
As we early mentioned treating the living location with the natural pest control method is best for environmental health. The natural and organic pest control method increases environmental health by preventing damages.
2. You can achieve long-lasting results
Using natural products or natural pest control treatment may be a slow process but the treatment will last for long period. Some people prefer speedy recovery, for those people the natural pest control method will be a joke. once if they understand the real benefits behind the natural pest control method, then they will never use chemical products to treat the pests in their place.
3. Prevents causing of diseases
While using the chemical pesticide, there is more possibility for the health risk due to the toxins present in the chemical pesticides. To avoid such risk, go for the natural pest control method and prevent the causing of various health issues.
4. Low cost
The natural pest control method includes home remedies and natural products available in-home or garden. so it does require more money to invest in buying any expensive products.
5. Doesn’t cause any damage
Using natural products to control the pests doesn’t cause any damage to your place, crops, or health.
Pest proofing is a technique of sealing all possible entry points in a building to block pest entry. Pest proofing is not a simple task done at the home, it involves various factors like checking the environment, building structure, and outdoor units. Not only for the buildings, but pest-proofing is also a tough task for controlling the garden pests.
Only a standard pest control company knows all the risks behind the pest-proofing technique, and they know how to manage efficient pest proofing for your building. They work closely with you with full involvement to make your place free from the various types of pests. Instead of handling the pest-proofing on your own, let the pest control experts carry out efficient pest-proofing methods for your building.
What is pest-proofing?
Pest proofing is a precautionary method to seal all the possible entries of pests. Pest proofing makes your place free from pests and other animals. Pest proofing is one of the best ways to limit pest infestation and limits the incoming of pests like rodent’s entry, mosquitos, cockroaches, fleas, bugs, etc.
Many pests visit your place due to the season change and in seeking food and shelter. So, taking a necessary step to block the entry point of pests before they infest your place can reduce the chances of severe damages.
Here we listed some pest-proofing techniques to decrease pest infestation and make your place free from pests for all four seasons.
1. The bottom and corners are the most possible places for the pest to enter and make its residence. To seal the bottoms, install door sweeps for all exterior doors to block the entries. Even an inch gap makes the pest inside, so give more attention to your exterior doors and seal it properly with the help of door sweeps. Not only windows pay some attention to ceiling points and windows.
2. Apply pest control caulk available on market on each corner and door sides to block the ant’s entry. Doing this as a regular routine helps to reduce the entry of mosquitoes, flies, and all winter pests.
3. Properly seal all the openings and small gaps in your building. Pipes and wiring porting are the evergreen entry points for common pests like rodents, ants, spiders, and mice. Seal such holes with white cement, cork, copper mesh, or steel. These are the hard material that restricts the pest entry.
5. Use exterior pest-proofing treatments like insecticides and pesticides helps to reduce pest infestation. Discuss with professional pest control experts before choosing the pesticides or insecticides for your building.
Hiring a pest control services to handle an effective pest proofing treatment for your building have more advantage and it reduces the risk of damages.
A mosquito hawk is the same as a native mosquito, having the same body structure but large. These flies are also referred to as crane fly having two large wings, slit legs, and a giant body. With its shape and size, many people thought cranes fly like a giant mosquito. These flies did bring a harmful thread to the common people. Recent studies say crane flies can’t be able to bite or suck your blood.
Like a traditional mosquito, crane flies do not bite or suck human blood. The crane fly work is to mate and procreate. You can find their larvae under the wet soil and leave edges. They come out during the winter season to feed off the plan parts. During summer adults will come out for mating
What is Mosquito Hawk?
The one good thing is mosquito hawks are not a mosquito, they just look like a mosquito. Many people imagine Mosquito Hawk will eat so they named as Mosquito Hawk. The Mosquito Hawks are crane flies, they neither sting nor bite. Mosquito hawk looks like a normal mosquito but large. So, if next time if you see the crawling sound of Mosquito Hawk near your window or door, don’t get panic by seeing its giant size.
- The size of its wing alone 6.5 cm.
- The body looks the same as a large mosquito having skinny legs that can be easily get broken.
- The size of larvae is about two inches
- The larvae stage looks like a caterpillar called leather jackets.
- The life span of an adult flies is up to the mating stage. It dies after laying eggs. The larvae prefer to live in a wet area like ditches and moisture land. They feed the decomposing leaves.
How to get rid of Mosquito Hawk?
No need to worry about the mosquito hawk infestation. But it’s safe to keep your place free from such pests. It causes damages only at the larvae stage, also it is difficult to find the Mosquito Hawk at the larvae stage in your lawns and yards. Here are some hacks to keep away the mosquito hawk from your place.
- Keep all your doors and windows close to prevent Mosquito Hawk from entering your place.
- Regularly trim your indoor plants and keep your place dry.
- Maintain your lawn properly to reduce the crane fly.
- Take care of your drainage place and
- Avoid overflow of waters or water clogging.
The one good thing about Mosquito Hawk is it won’t bite like a normal mosquito. You should take necessary actions only at its larvae stage and try to get rid of them from your lawns to avoid damages to your plants. For more information, connect with the professional pest control service and deal with Mosquito Hawks in an efficient way.
Pest control inspection is carried out by the licensed professional pest control company to conduct regular checking on commercial and residential places to identify the various types of pest infestation in an early stage. The main goal of conducting the pest control inspection to find the root cause of where the pest coming from and what attracts the pest towards your living place. Regular pest inspections help to keep your premises free from the pests like mice, cockroaches, termites, ants, rats, etc.
What are the practices involved in Pest control Inspections?
Conducting pest control inspections involves deep checking of the entire property including basement place, terrace, lofts, bathroom, between tiles, kitchen cabinet, etc. They take more care for each check and more conscious of not missing any places to avoid rechecking. To provide the right solution for the pest problem, an accurate inspection must be needed. check out the practices we handled on pest inspection to provide an accurate pest inspection report to the property owners.
Be ready with proper Tools.
To conduct the pest inspection, you will be equipped with proper tools. Only with the help of proper tools, you will conclude whether the place is infested by pests or not. Below is the list of tools
- Flashlights or torch lights
- Flushing agents
- Broomstick and Dustpan
- Zoom glass or magnifying glass.
- Scribbling pad
While doing the pest inspections especially for residential places, you should be ready to check downstairs and basement areas. Get down along with the flashlights and check for the presence of pests. If you find any signs of pest infest, note down the signs first to find what type of pest is present in your place.
Take Photos for evidence or proof.
Capturing the live shots or the photos helps to explain the pest issues to the property owners. Attach the photos along with the pest inspection reports that help house owners to understand the seriousness of pest infestation in their place. Even the photos help you to handle the best pest control services for all kinds of pests. The photos are considered as evidence of the presence of pests in your place.
Use proper Pest inspection Checklist.
The pest control checklist and pest inspection checklist are the guides for the basic people that every pest control company provides to understand the importance of pest control treatment and pest infestation.
Pest inspection checklists are now available on digital platforms, so the professional easily tack the areas and pest information on their mobile device. This helps to collect the data in a faster way without missing any spots in the property.
Pest control inspection checklist
Pest control inspection becomes a simple job if you have a proper pest control inspection checklist with you. The pest control inspection checklist covers all mandatory things and allows pest exterminators to track all the places without the skip.
- Check for the damages.
- Check for the signs of pests.
- Check for the pest nest on your property.
- Check for droppings and pest smell.
- Check for the pest traffic and footprints.
- Notice the Squeaking sounds.
Pest infestations are the common problems for residential and commercial properties that cause severe damage to the properties and affects human health. There are several factors that attract pests towards your property, the same time preventive factors are also there to prevent the pests like rodents, mosquitoes, ants, flies, cockroaches, etc towards your home. Instead of trying pest control on your own, seeking a technical pest control professional’s help is the best option to control such pests and make your place free from pest infestation. Pest control experts are equipped with the latest pest control tools and techniques who found appropriate solutions for removing a pest in your home and workplace.
Let’s check out what are the pre-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Keep all your windows and doors close and just slightly open the curtains
- Cover all food items in the kitchen cabinets, pantry, dining place, and items inside your refrigerators
- Cover the decorative items like ceramic pieces, wall paintings, and other premises to prevent chemical exposure
- Once you notice the signs of pest infestations, remove the valuable things from the place to avoid further damage
- Keep all your premises clean and trash the unwanted things
- Don’t dump the garbage, rotten and foul smell easily attracts the pest towards your place
- Declutter your store place on a regular basis to avoid the pest entry
These are the basic ways of preventing the pest’s entry to your place.
Let’s check out what are the post-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Once the treatment is over, you should stay away from the place for 24 hours. Wait until the effectiveness of the chemical gets vanish from the place.
- Wash all the cooking appliances and pantry things after the pest control treatment.
- Open all windows and doors for air circulation once the treatment has been done.
- Do not mop the floor for 24 hours that will remove the chemical treatment layer.
- Clean pesticide spills or any chemical sprays left on furniture
Who needs extra care?
If you are planning for pest treatment for your home or office, you should take extra care for humans and workers who are sensitive to chemicals and pesticides.
- Pets and kids in your house
- Pregnant women
- People having breathing troubles and sensitive skins
- People suffering from asthma and allergies
- Aged people and persons who undergo any medical treatments
Things to consider
- Select the pesticides having fewer toxins that will not cause any harm to humans and animals.
- Keep pesticides in a separate place away from kids reach
- Do not store the pesticide along with food items
- Let the professional pest exterminators handle the pesticide dilution and spraying. They know the measurement ratio and terms of using pesticide
Termites, ants, cockroaches, rodents, and other crawling insects are almost living in every home location. If you move are moving into the new house, there are also some chances of pest infestation problems. Therefore, to live in a pest-free residence you should take pest control measures before you shifting to the new house. Contact the pest control services near your place and book an immediate pest inspection before shifting.
Does New House need pest control?
Most of the Studies says pests always find their residence in a newly built home or long-time closed houses. Debris and improper move-out cleaning increase the availability of pest, even in a long term closed property also facing high risk because of pest infestation. Pest also brings various threats and a wide range of infections to human health. Before choosing the wrong type of residence understand a few facts about pest infestation and how to overcome such problems.
Pest control services Before Move-In
Inspecting for the pest before moving into your property is the first precautionary step. Check the entire building both interior and exterior to find the signs of any pest infestation. Check for areas like wooden doors, walls, toilets, kitchen cabinets, outdoor gardens are damaged because of pest. These are the most common places easily attracted by the pests. Only a professional pest control expert knows the exact places where the pest is easily attached to and inspects your place including the rooflines, windows, foundations, and pipelines.
Remove webs and Nests
Removing the webs and wasp nests reduces the possibility of pests return to your place. Check for the pest nest and web on the terrace, basement area, rooftops, room corners, near garbage, indoor and outdoor plants. While inspecting the nest make sure there are no eggs or birds in the nest before eradicating. Use some natural spray on the nest and dispose of it using a properly sealed container or bag.
Seal The entry Points
After removing the nest and web from your place, the next important step is to seal the small gaps and openings in your property to avoid pest entry. Closely watch the door gaps, window openings, wall cracks, and seal them temporarily or permanently based on the advice of pest control experts.
Pest Control Treatment
Nowadays while constructing a building various pest control cement and treatments are available that helps to restrict pest entry. The pest control treatments are coming along with cement or they directly injecting the germs protection solution to the walls. Direct injection of termiticide liquid on the walls, concretes, or mixing along with the foundation protects your building from the pests and it lasts for the long term. This procedure is applicable for all raw materials like soil, woods, cement, So, you need not worry about pest problems in the future. Check out the cost of pest control treatment before committing to your place.
For more details get the proper guidance from the pest exterminators and make your place free from pest infestation.
Allowing pest control services to eradicate bed bug in your place is not ends with them, there are steps you should follow to make the pest control process easier and shorter. The blog is about What to expect after the bed bug treatment carried out by the professional pest control treatment. Once
a pest control team enters your place, they will give you a list of guidelines, how long the pest control will take place, how long you should wait to re-enter your place, what are the things you need to cover, and what are the household things you need to remove temporarily from your place until the pest control treatment ends.
Controlling bed bugs is a time-consuming process and needs more physical examination after the treatment to verify if any eggs are left after the treatment. If any eggs found, you don’t consider the treatment was unsuccessful. The eggs will eradicate completely in two to three visits. The only thing is you must approach a reputed pest control service. Only a professional pest control team knows all the tricks in treating bed bugs and clearly guides you on what to expect after bed bug treatment?
To continue a sound sleep without any bed bug problem, know what are the things you need to do before and after bed bug treatment.
Steps to take before bed bug treatment
- Wrap all your things in your place
- Remove all indoor plants and allow pets to stay outside before the pest control treatment starts
- Cover all valuable antique decorative things and valuable jewels with a thick sheet
- If need replaces the wooden furniture and food items before the treatment starts.
- However, the situation getting worst, don’t try to handle the treatment by yourself without knowing the root cause. This may lead to the spreading of bed bugs in a rapid process.
Steps to take After bed bug treatment
- Once you enter your place after the bed bug treatment, the first thing to do is open all your windows and doors for proper ventilation.
- Let your house cleaning services to clean your entire house by deep mopping and vacuuming. Also, wash window curtains, bedsheets, pillow covers.
- Place other kinds of stuff like toys and cushions in a dryer for an hour
- Give a gentle wipe to the walls, tables, furniture
- Bring back indoor plants, pets, and furniture back to your place.
- If the infestation is huge replace the bedsheet and mattress
Tips to maintain your place free from the bed infestation
- Identify the signs of bed bugs in an earlier stage helps to avoid spreading.
- When you return from travel don’t take all your luggage near your bed. Place it outside for a while and if possible, use a dryer on the luggage things to avoid the bed bug infestation.
- Regular cleaning of bed linens and bed covers. Also, check the mattress layer by layer.
- Vacuum the carpets and rugs in a daily routine help to control the bed bugs
When it comes to pests, it always brings stress to the family members by causing medical illness and serious skin allergies. Pests not only bring harm to humans also damage the household things and properties. To ensure a safe and comfortable life, you should choose pest experts to avoid pest-related issues in your place.
Pest control is not an easy task, it needs more skills and training. To handle pest control in an effective way you need to hire the best pest experts. Pest experts like Pest exterminators use the right cleaning products based on the place and situation. Pest experts are well equipped with the latest cleaning tools and they are experienced in dealing with all kinds of pests.
In this article, we clearly explained the importance of pest control experts and the reason behind hiring a pest expert for pest control services.
Reasons to choose a Pest expert in London
1. Pest experts are certified and insured to do pest control process
In London pest experts mostly have pest control licenses to handle the pest control services to get rid of all pests. The pest control company who obeys the laws of pest control factors is licensed to handle the pest control process. Only a certified and insured company provides a safe deal in the pest control process.
Only a pest expert offers quality pest control services to solve all your pest related problems. Choose a professional pest expert and get rid of all your pest related problems.
2. Pest experts are well experienced in handling all pests
Pest experts have sound knowledge and skills on how to treat pests and how to get rid of all types of pests. They have unique pest control methods for each pest, and they offer the best service without causing any damage to your property. Pest experts will assure reliable service with their experience in the field of pest control. They not only help to get rid of pests also provide the right method for prevention.
3. Pest experts are reputed for ensuring their quality
Pest experts are mostly into a reputed business or well-known pest control company. Only a reputed pest expert will provide safe and quality pest control services. Choose the best among the available pest experts in London with the help of customer reviews and feedback on social media or on their website.
4. Pest experts are more concern about the safety
Pest experts always follow safety measures while handling pest control. They won’t use any dangerous products in residential places. Also, they know the measurement of how to use pesticides without bringing any side-effects. To minimize the risk of using pesticides, choose the best experts near you to take care of pest control problems.
Hiring a pest expert and regular pest check-up will help you to live peacefully without any disturbance of pest in your place. If you feel the evidence or any Common Pest and its signs”>signs of pest in your place. call the local Pest Exterminators immediately to get rid of.
Types of common BugsThese are the common bugs presents in houses and garden places in UK. House-Hold bugs
- Bed Bugs
- Lady Bug
How to identify common Bugs in UK?Many bugs have a common characteristic and the identification of common bugs is a slightly difficult task. Without guidelines or experience identifying such bugs are not a possible thing. We gathered some steps to identify pests and bugs in the UK.
- You can identify the bugs by certain characteristics like shape, size, color.
- Secondly, you can identify the bugs by its body parts, whether it has legs or not, wings or not,
- Compare the characteristics of the bug with various species and check for the resembles
- Analyze the characteristics of bugs and signs of infestation to confirm the nature and name of the bug
- Once you conformed you have identified the pest properly, contact the professional pest control experts to take control actions.
- Still, you have confusion on bug identification, consult with pest control experts they will assist to identify the bugs.
- Pest control experts have a special technician team, all are well equipped with proper tools to identify the pest type.
Steps involved to get rid of common bugs in UKThe most common ways to eradicate the common bugs are either by natural home remedies or by using chemical repellents.
Top Natural way of getting rid of common bugsTo control the common bugs in houses and in gardens natural method is advisable if you have kids or pets in your house. Follow the below steps to get rid of common house-hold bugs and garden bugs.
- Pepper-mint oil
- Neem Oil
- Bay leaves
Chemical ways of getting rid of common bugs
- Powdered sugar
- Ammonia bi carbonate
- Commercial Pesticide
Everyone has an allergy or fear to face the spiders suddenly in their bathroom while having a shower or in their kitchen while cooking. The real fact is that not all spiders bring harm effect to our human lives. Only a few cause harmful threats to human life. False widow spider is one among them.
False widow spider is the species that gives a more threat and frightening effect to the humans and this spider bite is considered as harmful and poisonous
so, in this blog, we clearly explained in details detail about what to do if you find a false widow spider and what to do if false widow spider bite’s you.
False widow spider gets into your house during the winter season, the chillness and cool temperature, invites them towards the warm place, especially to your house. The attack will be severe once in a year, but everyone thinks it will leave after the temperature becomes normal, but the truth behind the false window is it won’t leave the place in sort time once they enter. It will live on the darker side of your house, especially in the basement and dark corners.
False widow spider
False widow spider is in the size of euro coins along with the legs. It looks in a black shine color having creamy layers on their feet.
The male false widow spider differs from the female widow spider by its appearance. A male one has a dark-colored abdomen and the female one has a faded pattern. The size of the male widow spider is about 7 – 10mm and the size of the female widow spider is about 8-16mm. The male ones are comparatively smaller in size.
Also, you can spot the difference by seeing their abdomens. Then the legs are mostly common to both.
False widow spider in the UK
If you have victims or spot false, widow spiders in your living place contact your local pest control services, and contact the doctor if you feel any itching or redness in your body.
Expert’s advice is if you saw any false widow spider in your living place, catch them using any glass bottle and throw them away without touching it by your hand.
Some people in the UK are confused with black widow spider and kill a native spider by mistakenly consider them as a false widow spider.
The three common false widow spiders in the UK are
- Rabbit hutch spider
- Cupboard spider
- Noble false widow spider
Each spider and species slightly differ in its color and its size. Let’s see how dangerous are false widow spider in the UK.
How dangerous are false widow spiders?
False widow spider produces up to 200 eggs every 3 weeks. The life span of this spider is more than the native spiders. False widow spiders live for 5 to 7 years and it means false widow spider high fertility life compare to native spiders.
False widow spider bite is cause sensation of sudden chillness, Goosebumps, fever, instant reddish color, itching and it affects the central nervous system.
The first symptoms of widow spiders are slight itching and red patches after some time swelling around the biting place and the skin turns into blackening.
Sometimes the itching develops as cellulitis through the spreading of bacteria during the spider bite.
What to do once you identify a False widow bite?
If you are having the sensation of a spider bite or facing any symptoms, contact your local pest control experts and ask them for simple home remedies. If you have more pain, then contact your health advisors and take proper treatment for false widow bite.
To track a biting area, mark a place with any marker, and monitor how the place changes red and growing of swellings.
Symptoms of false widow spider bite
Let’s check what will happen if the false widow spider bites you
- Itchiness and allergy signs
- Reddish pattern along with dark patches
- Minor irritation at starting
- Nausea and diarrhoea
- Fever symptoms
- Increasing in pulse and heart rate
- Dizziness and faint
- Wheezing and
Once you got these symptoms to do following before consult with your doctor
- Wash the affected and biting area with mild soap water
- Use bite spray or antiseptic lotion
- Apply turmeric with honey paste for instant relief
If the darkness and pain increases consult the medical specialist.
How to avoid False widow spider infestation?
Here are the pest control expert’s tips to getting rid of the false widow spider from the living place
- False widow spider makes their web in the dark corners of your living place particularly behind the furniture, basements area, between cracks in the wall, and around the wall decorations and wooden frames. Inspect these places in your house to get rid of them from your living place.
- False widow spiders hate the brightness and lights, so they will come out from its web mostly at the night-time. so, schedule your investigation during the night-time and not in the daytime.
- Limit the food source within your living place and not allow the food to spill out anywhere in your house. Also, limit the pests like woodlice, flies in your house, so the false widow will come out for the search of food.
- To get rid of the spider, use the hoover available in the local market that helps to sucks the spider from its web and the darkened corners. Using spider hoover helps to catch the spider from its place without killing them. Then you can dispose of the spiders outside your living place. If you are not sure to deal with these species, then call the pest exterminators and let them do their job.
These are the options to get rid of false widow spiders, try to avoid using the insecticides or pesticides that will be effective only for a short period. the spider will come back to your house once the effect of the chemical left. Also using chemical pesticides will harm other organisms and pets in your house.