Pests and insects are easily attracted to your homes because they also have the same basic needs for food and water. We can treat pests in different ways and control them from spreading. But before that first, you concentrate on what things that attract pests to make their entry into your home. The best method is to eliminate and avoid the presence of things that attracts the pests and makes them survive in your home.
Always humans can’t always be cautious, but they can reduce the attractions and limit things like food, water that attracting the pests to be available in the residence.
We clearly describe the types of facts and foods that attract the pests, because even a small crumb of foods keeps the entry of tiny pests.
To stop the entry of pests, do whatever you can to get rid of pest from the home, and check the following to prevent the path of pest infestation.
Common things that attract pests
- check for food items if you left anything in an open space or left the food containers without proper sealing.
- Pests easily gets attracts to the food smell and waste foods.
- If you left any food like small crumbs, juice or coffee spills, kids’ food or pets’ food and rotten fruits easily attract the pests like common flies and mosquitoes.
warm weather easily attracts the pests who seeking for shelter in winter and rainy season. Pests lost their nest in the rainy season and seeking for their residence if they found any holes or gaps in-between the doors, they easily make an entry.
- Water makes moisture for a pest those seeking for moist in summer.
- Rainwater source left around your house easily attracts the mosquitos.
- The water also leads the pests for breeding.
- Garbage smell and wastes easily attract the pest from the garden side and outdoor side.
- Rodents and cockroaches are the common pests easily attracted to the garbage.
Make pest-proof Painting
- Paint your home with pest-proof paints and seal all the cracks and gaps with the pest-proof clays that can prevent the insect’s entry.
- Repair all holes
- Seal all the holes properly with the tight material and do cleaning regularly to avoid the pest’s entry
Remove foods items
- Sweep your home regularly and check all the corners of the home for food crumbs and food wastes.
- After your dining clean the tables and wipe away the spills and food crumbs
- Don’t leave any pets food out to stay for a longer time.
- Tightly store all the containers in a proper seal.
Empty the garbage
Inspect for indoor and outdoor wastes regularly and collect all your garbage in a daily routine.
Repair faulty pipes
Fit all pipes and repair them and maintain all water flowing pipes in a proper condition.
After the rain empty the outdoor buckets and don’t allow any water to stand around your home.
As same as home, pests like spiders, rats, ants, bedbugs can make their life inside the vehicles. For warmness and food, the pests infest cars, vans, buses, and mini trucks. The pests spread all over the environment wherever the vehicles move. The pests are spread faster through vehicles than their natural way of spreading. While parking your vehicles near your gardens chance are there for pests to build a nest into your vehicles. Even the spiders build webs over the car mirrors, and rats will get into your vehicle if you miss some food items and it causes damage to your wires.
During winter your vehicles become the perfect spots for the bugs and cockroaches to live-in. Hence rats and mice find your vehicle for their shelter and make dangerous damage. The motor heat provides the best comfort place for rats and mice. They are not making their presence to your naked eye. But you can find their presence by the bad smell and by notifying the damages.
Best Pest control Methods
Actions must be taken before the pests cause heavy damage to your vehicles.
1. Prevention is a better option. To avoid infestation steps to be taken to reduce the risk of the presence of pests. Pests get the attraction to the foods, so avoid having food or storage of any food items in the car. Cleaning the car regularly adds extra care. The cleaning includes wiping and vacuuming the sheets.
2. Rodents/ mice easily enter the vehicles through the inbuild gap between the car pumps, mirrors. So, block all the gaps in the car prevents the pest’s entry. While blocking use unchewable materials like concretes, steels and heavy hardware parts. Make sure of all broken mirrors, window doors are repaired and closed in tight condition. Fix rubber cork on a glass window to make tighter.
3. For the non-chemical, eco-friendly method take some tobacco leaves, neem leaves, lemon- essential oils and leaves of eucalyptus plan with some salt is an additional option. Once you found the pests are inside the vehicles, take any one of the products and place inside the vehicle all night. Morning vacuum the entire vehicle with a mixture of vinegar and lemon essential oils.
4. Even some variety of pests escapes from the smell of herbs and lemon. Extra inspection must be taken inside your vehicle, check for any eggs or larva’s presence and washing out completely.
5. The bugs are a major headache for vehicle owners. The easiest method to prevent bugs is heat therapy. A steam vacuuming is a perfect solution to get rid of bugs. Clean with high-pressure steam and rotate the nozzle at the same place to make a vehicle bug free.
When the situation is not handled by your own. Don’t take more risk to treat the pests and even don’t waste your time in cleaning. Hire some best pest control professionals and make them handle the situation for the worst case.