For most of us, spring season means more daylight and bloom lights. Unfortunately, it also means unwelcome visitors in your house. As the temperature starts rising, many bugs and insects come out in search of moisture and warmth and hence become more active. To avoid the unwanted invasion of bugs and insects, clean your home thoroughly.
Six bugs and insects that come out in the Spring
As the name suggests, Boxelder Bugs feed on Boxelder trees, among different types of plants and trees. Just like cluster flies, they often enter in your home in winters in search of a warm place. In the spring season, they become active and can become an annoyance for the home members. These bugs are dark grey with distinctive red stripes. Boxelder Bugs are not a threat to your home as they do not bite, and also, they are not destructive. But they can stain your fabrics and curtains.
How to prevent them?
To prevent them from entering your home, make sure all gaps or cracks on the exterior of your home are properly sealed, especially on the west and south sides of your home, where the sun directly hits in Spring.
These bugs were first seen in Georgia, 2009. Kudzu Bugs have become a common pest in the southern United States. They are quite rare in the UK. These bugs are often found on plants like soybeans, wisteria, and Kudzu. Kudzu bugs may overwinter in crevices and cracks around your homes. In the Spring, they become more active as they start searching for food and reproduction. These bugs are brown and are similar in size to lady beetles. If Kudzu bugs are in your home, you may find them near around doorframes, or on windowsills.
How to prevent them?
Trim your back plants before the Spring also seals every crack and window screens. These bugs produce a foul odor and stain your fabrics and curtains.
Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
These insects feed on plants like weeds and soybeans, as well as fruit like figs, apples, and peaches. They emit a foul smell when they’re threatened; also, these insects are known for their characteristic brown shields. These bugs enter your home through cracks around windows, gaps indoors, or any other opening. They become more active as the temperature starts rising.
How to prevent them?
The best way to prevent these bugs is by removing the debris near entrances, replacing the damaged screens. Also, use caulk to seal any openings.
Larder beetles are mostly found in your party, where you store food, especially meat and grains. These beetles are very destructive as they can bore through wood. These insects also enter your home in search of warmth and moisture. They enter your home in the spring season, in search of food.
How to prevent them?
To prevent larder beetles, keep the food tightly sealed, do not leave food sitting outside for an extended period.
These flies resemble from common house fly; the large, golden can be an annoyance in your home, especially in Spring and summer. Cluster flies enter your home through cracks in siding and open gaps as they try to escape from winters. These are often found in can congregate in large swarms and attics. These flies also start becoming active as the temperature starts rising. House members may see them flying around their house and windowsills. These flies can be very annoying sometimes.
How to prevent them?
The perfect way to prevent them from invading your home is by adding screens to windows, attic vents, and sealing cracks that may also help.
Multi-colored Asian Lady Beetles
These beetles have a striking resemblance to North America’s ladybugs; have a habit of entering your home without your permission. As the days start becoming warm, they become more active; these are very common, you may see them flying around your home. Although they do not damage your home, they emit a foul-smelling yellow liquid whenever they’re threatened.
How to prevent them?
If you want to prevent Multi-colored Asian Lady beetles from invading your home, seal all the cracks near doors and windows, replace the damaged window screens, use an insecticide outside your home.
How to avoid these spring insects and bugs?
Nobody wants to welcome Spring with being invaded by insects and bugs. After winter, people wait for Spring as it’s said to be the best season, whereas many people start cleaning their houses as it is the best way to prevent insects and bugs. A thorough cleaning of your home will be the best way to stop insects and pests invade your house. Many pest control companies in London say that keeping a clean and hygienic environment is the best way to keep the home away from spring insects & bugs. Bugs and insects such as spiders, wasps, beetles, mosquitoes, centipedes, bugs, ants, cockroaches, flies, sow, and many more, start looking for warmth and moisture as the temperature starts rising.
Some tips to prepare for a possible invasion
- Remove those clothes that are not in use, and clean your closets.
- Clean your window screen and repair them if they need to be repaired.
- Remove all old boxes, newspapers, and cans.
- An item which is in your use, protect it from dust and humility.
- Make sure you fix every crack and hole.
- Remove all the food to which the insects and bugs can get attracted.
As the temperature will start rising the insects and bugs will desperately start looking for a shelter that has moisture and warmth. To make sure that they do not invade your home, remove all those items that they attracted to. Proper disposal of garbage is a must it’ll keep all the bugs and insects away from your home.
There are many insects and bugs come out in Spring as the temperature starts rising, some of those are beetles, bugs, spiders, mosquitoes, ants, cockroach. They might not damage your home but stain your fabrics and curtains; also, they emit a foul smell they feel they’re being threatened. There are many ways by which you can stop these bugs and insects to enter your home. To sum up, some of the preventions are- clean your house thoroughly, replace the damaged window screens, and seal all the leakages and gaps. Pest control is crucial to prevent these insects and bugs.
All you must know about Carpet bugs and getting rid
What are carpet bugs?
Carpet bugs are not like the other pests, they are invisible to human eyes and they easily enter your house. Carpet bugs are differing from the bed bugs. Like bed bugs carpet bugs won’t bite you. Their target is to infest the dead skin or dead cells, so they get attracted to the carpets made of natural animal fabrics.
Usually carpet bugs damage fabrics like cloths, wool and fur products. They cause severe damage to the natural fibers.
The carpet bugs live in a dark place and it avoids light source and heat. You can easily identify the sign of infection by the smell and faded look of your carpets.
Carpet bugs not only cause damages to your carpets sometimes it bites clothes, fabrics, and wood as same as your carpets. They won’t live in the same place; they will roam around here and there in all the parts of your home wherever the natural source of fiber presence. Treating carpet bugs is not an easy task unless you are an expert.
We can’t say insure from what ways the carpet bugs enter your house, they may enter your house in all possible ways. They may enter through flowers you bought, cloths, and even by windows and doors. Once the carpet bugs settled in your house, they started to lay eggs on your clothes, rugs, and carpets, their larva will develop on the same rug, cloths, and carpets.
Things to know about Carpet Bugs
- It causes damages to natural fabrics like carpets, wall hangings, clothes, and rugs.
- Infestation also occurs on Moist food products and some dried foods
- Carpet Bugs also infest on woolen items and silk
- Like other insects it doesn’t cause any damages to humans in rare cases it causes some allergic symptoms
What do carpet bugs look like?
Carpet bugs are small, and it looks like round shaped seeds. They enter your house by sticking with your products. Once they enter, they will rapidly increase and multiplies into a large group of bugs. They stick into your carpet and damages your carpet fibers.
The entry suspectable area for the carpet bugs are windows and door open, some of the carpet bugs are easy to identify in the larva stage. Their black and grey combination easily shows its identity. The adult carpet bugs are rare to identify and they hid on the dark side of your houses like under the carpets, the backside of wardrobes along with the food items.
Due to the tiny size of carpet bugs, there is difficulty to see those bugs with the naked eye. But damages made them are surely a noticeable one. Compare to the adult carpet bugs the larvae are the most responsible creatures for the heavy damages in your house.
The life cycle of carpet Bugs
To understand more about the carpet bugs, check out the life cycle and different stages of Carpet bugs. This also helps you in the prevention method.
You can easily vanish it at the stage of the egg before it develops into larva or bugs.
Stage 1: EGG
Female carpet bugs lay eggs near to any of the food items or too near your furniture. The lifecycle happens in the season at the end of the summer and starting in autumn. Once the egg got hatch, the larvae will come out
Stage 2: LARVAE
The next stage is the larva, it develops in the dark and invisible areas like under the furniture or edges of carpets. They feed clothing, leather materials, carpets, woolen materials, and food items like dried meat and cereals.
The larvae will last up to one year it depends on the food and weather condition. Once the larva lasts their skin then it transfers into the next stage.
Stage 3: PUPAL STAGE
The life of the pupal lasts for 60 days. After laying an egg the female bugs will die within a few hours.
So, the larvae stage is the most dangerous one, it survives for 365 days and in that period it will cause all damages as much it can.
How carpet bugs made an entry?
Mostly carpet bugs are referred to as carpet beetles, most of the carpet bugs made their entry from the house roof along with the pipeline and then infest on your household things. Once they enter, they cause heavy damages to natural and woolen fur things made of animal skins.
Entry source of carpet bugs:
1.Open doors: They can easily enter if your doors are open, even some of the bugs can fly.
2. Flowers bought from shops: Along with the flowers you bring from your garden place or market
3.Luggage: They may enter your house along with the luggage you carried while traveling
4.Food items: some of the food items like milk products or dried nuts
5.Another pest’s nest: It uses the nest of other pest and if the nest is close to your house or on the roof, they can enter easily.
6. cracks in the walls: Even a small hole is enough for carpet bugs to make an entry, cracks in your walls or ceilings help to make their entry
7.spider webs: spider web in your house ceilings helps as the entryway for carpet bugs
8. Mattresses: Due to darkness and warmness, same as bed bugs carpet bugs also attracted to the mattresses and beds
9. Dead insects: you may leave dead insects like cockroach or others in your home without your knowledge. some of the bed bugs feed dead skin of other animals or insects
10.Trash bags: Trash bags near you living place may act as the source of Bug infestation
How to get rid of carpet bugs?
Controlling a carpet bug infestation is a slight risk factor. Anyhow we listed some treatments to get rid of carpet bugs, this may help you to avoid the more damages.
- Do a regular vacuuming and sweeping
- Steam cleaning is another good option to control the carpet bugs
- Store the animal meat in the freezer
- Tightly close the all the lids of food containers
- Don’t leave any pets wood or wastes in and around your home
- Seal the crack and openings
- If you found any eggs, then immediately use the vacuum to vanish
- Use a handy vacuum and treat any woolen products you are having in your house.
- Dry cleaning is mandatory for all-natural products
- Don’t let any wood wastes near your home place.
Pests and insects are easily attracted to your homes because they also have the same basic needs for food and water. We can treat pests in different ways and control them from spreading. But before that first, you concentrate on what things that attract pests to make their entry into your home. The best method is to eliminate and avoid the presence of things that attracts the pests and makes them survive in your home.
Always humans can’t always be cautious, but they can reduce the attractions and limit things like food, water that attracting the pests to be available in the residence.
We clearly describe the types of facts and foods that attract the pests, because even a small crumb of foods keeps the entry of tiny pests.
To stop the entry of pests, do whatever you can to get rid of pest from the home, and check the following to prevent the path of pest infestation.
Common things that attract pests
- check for food items if you left anything in an open space or left the food containers without proper sealing.
- Pests easily gets attracts to the food smell and waste foods.
- If you left any food like small crumbs, juice or coffee spills, kids’ food or pets’ food and rotten fruits easily attract the pests like common flies and mosquitoes.
warm weather easily attracts the pests who seeking for shelter in winter and rainy season. Pests lost their nest in the rainy season and seeking for their residence if they found any holes or gaps in-between the doors, they easily make an entry.
- Water makes moisture for a pest those seeking for moist in summer.
- Rainwater source left around your house easily attracts the mosquitos.
- The water also leads the pests for breeding.
- Garbage smell and wastes easily attract the pest from the garden side and outdoor side.
- Rodents and cockroaches are the common pests easily attracted to the garbage.
Make pest-proof Painting
- Paint your home with pest-proof paints and seal all the cracks and gaps with the pest-proof clays that can prevent the insect’s entry.
- Repair all holes
- Seal all the holes properly with the tight material and do cleaning regularly to avoid the pest’s entry
Remove foods items
- Sweep your home regularly and check all the corners of the home for food crumbs and food wastes.
- After your dining clean the tables and wipe away the spills and food crumbs
- Don’t leave any pets food out to stay for a longer time.
- Tightly store all the containers in a proper seal.
Empty the garbage
Inspect for indoor and outdoor wastes regularly and collect all your garbage in a daily routine.
Repair faulty pipes
Fit all pipes and repair them and maintain all water flowing pipes in a proper condition.
After the rain empty the outdoor buckets and don’t allow any water to stand around your home.
As same as home, pests like spiders, rats, ants, bedbugs can make their life inside the vehicles. For warmness and food, the pests infest cars, vans, buses, and mini trucks. The pests spread all over the environment wherever the vehicles move. The pests are spread faster through vehicles than their natural way of spreading. While parking your vehicles near your gardens chance are there for pests to build a nest into your vehicles. Even the spiders build webs over the car mirrors, and rats will get into your vehicle if you miss some food items and it causes damage to your wires.
During winter your vehicles become the perfect spots for the bugs and cockroaches to live-in. Hence rats and mice find your vehicle for their shelter and make dangerous damage. The motor heat provides the best comfort place for rats and mice. They are not making their presence to your naked eye. But you can find their presence by the bad smell and by notifying the damages.
Best Pest control Methods
Actions must be taken before the pests cause heavy damage to your vehicles.
1. Prevention is a better option. To avoid infestation steps to be taken to reduce the risk of the presence of pests. Pests get the attraction to the foods, so avoid having food or storage of any food items in the car. Cleaning the car regularly adds extra care. The cleaning includes wiping and vacuuming the sheets.
2. Rodents/ mice easily enter the vehicles through the inbuild gap between the car pumps, mirrors. So, block all the gaps in the car prevents the pest’s entry. While blocking use unchewable materials like concretes, steels and heavy hardware parts. Make sure of all broken mirrors, window doors are repaired and closed in tight condition. Fix rubber cork on a glass window to make tighter.
3. For the non-chemical, eco-friendly method take some tobacco leaves, neem leaves, lemon- essential oils and leaves of eucalyptus plan with some salt is an additional option. Once you found the pests are inside the vehicles, take any one of the products and place inside the vehicle all night. Morning vacuum the entire vehicle with a mixture of vinegar and lemon essential oils.
4. Even some variety of pests escapes from the smell of herbs and lemon. Extra inspection must be taken inside your vehicle, check for any eggs or larva’s presence and washing out completely.
5. The bugs are a major headache for vehicle owners. The easiest method to prevent bugs is heat therapy. A steam vacuuming is a perfect solution to get rid of bugs. Clean with high-pressure steam and rotate the nozzle at the same place to make a vehicle bug free.
When the situation is not handled by your own. Don’t take more risk to treat the pests and even don’t waste your time in cleaning. Hire some best pest control professionals and make them handle the situation for the worst case.