Winter is the season for the pests to enter your home in search of food and warm shelter. As announced by BPCA and National Pest Management Association, it is important to install pest-proofing to prevent your home from the common invaders. Some of the commonly found pests are termites, ants, rats, mice, squirrels, spiders, fleas, bugs, etc., The presence of these pests in your home can cause many of the health issues, it is important to avoid their presence inside your home. Some of the pests like termites and carpenter ants can cause huge structural damage. Due to winter, you should be aware of the common pests and their control methods. Here we have listed some of the checklists that you should follow every day, it can also be called all day pest control tips.
All Day Pest Control Tips
These all day pest control tips are provided for the people that should be done every day with a proper checklist. There are a number of processes that you should do in and outside of your home. This can also be called as the home maintenance checklist to control pests.
Pest Control Tips Outside your Home
- Inspect outside your home for any of the cracks and gaps that acts as the access points for pests
- Seal all the cracks with silicon-caulk and close the pipes and other holes with the steel wool.
- Search for the termite infestation signs like mud tubes, soft wood, and the hollow wood.
- The hollow wood can be identified by the hollow sound when tapped.
- Trim all the grasses and bushes, and it is also important to cut down the branches, that can give way for the pests to enter your home.
- Repair all the faulted products especially wooden properties, because the decayed wood will act as the home for beetles, ants, and termites.
- Always screen your windows, attic, and basement for any of the gaps and cracks.
- Avoid any standing water outside your home, which will reduce the attraction of pests in your place
- Regularly clear all the logs and other wastes which can eliminate the presence of the maximum number of pests.
- Keep the firewood 20 feet away from your house and 5 inches above the ground.
- Keep the mulch 15 away from the foundation and 10 inches above the ground.
Pest Control Tips Inside your Home
- Deep clean your home, deep cleaning is the first process to control any of the pests in your place.
- A deep cleaning helps you to find the infested place and the place where the pests stay in your home.
- Clear your wastes regularly and immediately especially in the kitchen.
- Avoid moisture inside your house and eliminate all the standing water.
- Regularly check that all the pipes are closed and the sink and bathroom are safe from pests.
- If you have pets, keep your pet bowl clean and dry.
- Store all the food products in an airtight container and collect the wastes and leftovers and store it in a trash bin with a tight lid.
- Vacuuming can help you to eliminate bed bugs if they are already in your home.
The above listed are the processes that should be screened every day, do not stop after doing all these control methods. Check all the methods are done properly and maintained regularly. If these all day pest control tips look difficult, you can hire a professional pest control service. The experts will help you to get rid of pests and eliminate all the pests in your home.