Safety Measures During pest control
Pest infestations are the common problems for residential and commercial properties that cause severe damage to the properties and affects human health. There are several factors that attract pests towards your property, the same time preventive factors are also there to prevent the pests like rodents, mosquitoes, ants, flies, cockroaches, etc towards your home. Instead of trying pest control on your own, seeking a technical pest control professional’s help is the best option to control such pests and make your place free from pest infestation. Pest control experts are equipped with the latest pest control tools and techniques who found appropriate solutions for removing a pest in your home and workplace.
Let’s check out what are the pre-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Keep all your windows and doors close and just slightly open the curtains
- Cover all food items in the kitchen cabinets, pantry, dining place, and items inside your refrigerators
- Cover the decorative items like ceramic pieces, wall paintings, and other premises to prevent chemical exposure
- Once you notice the signs of pest infestations, remove the valuable things from the place to avoid further damage
- Keep all your premises clean and trash the unwanted things
- Don’t dump the garbage, rotten and foul smell easily attracts the pest towards your place
- Declutter your store place on a regular basis to avoid the pest entry
These are the basic ways of preventing the pest’s entry to your place.
Let’s check out what are the post-Treatment Preparations involves in Pest control
- Once the treatment is over, you should stay away from the place for 24 hours. Wait until the effectiveness of the chemical gets vanish from the place.
- Wash all the cooking appliances and pantry things after the pest control treatment.
- Open all windows and doors for air circulation once the treatment has been done.
- Do not mop the floor for 24 hours that will remove the chemical treatment layer.
- Clean pesticide spills or any chemical sprays left on furniture
Who needs extra care?
If you are planning for pest treatment for your home or office, you should take extra care for humans and workers who are sensitive to chemicals and pesticides.
- Pets and kids in your house
- Pregnant women
- People having breathing troubles and sensitive skins
- People suffering from asthma and allergies
- Aged people and persons who undergo any medical treatments
Things to consider
- Select the pesticides having fewer toxins that will not cause any harm to humans and animals.
- Keep pesticides in a separate place away from kids reach
- Do not store the pesticide along with food items
- Let the professional pest exterminators handle the pesticide dilution and spraying. They know the measurement ratio and terms of using pesticide