Resolutions For Your Home
There are some things we continually procrastinate doing, but as we enter 2016, we are full of optimism and enthusiasm that we will get around to them this year!
To help you on your way, we have put together a list of helpful resolutions for your house and home, and fingers crossed, it will help with pest control, too. Pests are a 24/7 problem, all year round so you can’t argue with that!
So, to keep your home free from pests in 2016, there are a few simple things you can do. Of course, it goes without saying that some of the items on our list are things you need to do daily, and weekly, but many are one-off events. Do these thoroughly and efficiently, and you shouldn’t need to revisit these tasks until at least 2017.
- Check your attic thoroughly. If you can feel a fresh breeze or can see daylight creeping in, then you have a crack that will need repairing immediately. Not only can pests get in and infest your house, but so can the elements
- Also, check the attic for any signs of pests, especially droppings. Pellets on the floor and dropping stains on the walls could indicate mice, rats and even bats. If you do see any of these, contact the best Pest Control in London – we operate a 24/7 service!
- Check the external walls of your home for cracks and crevices. Rats, spiders and mice are all looking for somewhere warm to live over the cold winter months and can squeeze through the tiniest of gaps. Use caulk or filler to seal these holes!
- Keep your garden clean and tidy. Remove any dropped fruit as it can attract pests. Trees and flowers are still producing due to the mild weather so far. Trim bushes and trees to prevent insects from congregating near your home
- Keep your home clean and tidy. We can often overlook or put off certain household chores, but leaving stacked piles of papers and magazines give insects the perfect hiding place; an unswept floor attracts pests to a free source of food. Declutter and hoover regularly and keep floors and surfaces clean; make this a part of your daily routine
- Clean your gutters as blockages can attract birds, squirrels and even mosquitoes and flies
- Keep pet food covered at all times, and clean empty bowls to avoid bacteria growing and attracting pests. As with all living things, they need shelter and food to survive in your home so don’t make it easy for them
Even the cleanest, tidiest homes can succumb to a pest infestation of some sort, at some time, so if you do discover one, don’t take it personally. While there are many DIY options available, the only way to truly keep your home free from bugs, and stop the nightmare recurring, is to call in the professionals. Pest Control London offers a 24-hour service, so just pick up the phone and give us a call on 0800 772 3262 or use our contact form for less urgent enquiries.