Getting Rid Of Nuisance Pigeons
We all have pests in our homes at times, pests that cause us no end of frustration – no matter what we try. If you are at your wits end in terms of pigeons, you are certainly not alone. Take a look at the tips below to see if you can find a way to get rid of these nuisance birds before they cause damage to your property. The thing to remember is not to take their presence lightly.
- Use landing deterrents
Landing deterrents are said to be the best way to get rid of a pigeon without bringing in a bird of prey to scare it away, so take a look at the most popular options that London pigeon pest control professionals recommend.
- Spikes: These will not hurt the birds, they will simply not give them a place to land, meaning they will have no need to hang around your property in the first place. Put them everywhere the pigeons enjoy landing.
- Goo: This is a chemical option that will deter them with a sticky solution that will give them no end of trouble. They’ll think twice about landing on your ledges if they see that goo there, especially if they’ve got stuck before.
- String: This is a cheap and easy option that is really effective. Put a string line across all the areas that pigeons love, similar to a tight rope. The pigeon will not be able to find a steady place to land and will head off to a different roost instead.
- Want a fragrant option? Try spices
Spices are a strong smelling way to keep your pigeons away. They won’t like coming near your home if it smells bad, because they won’t be interested in landing. Plus, you’ll love the smell yourself. This requires a lot of upkeep, though.
- Don’t be tempted to feed them
This is obvious but important. Whatever species of pigeon you see on your property, and however cute they seem…never feed them. If you do it once, they’ll come back for more and you will never be able to get rid of them.
- Be consistent in your pest control
Many of these methods are going to have to require maintenance, but if you stay vigilant in replacing the spices and the broken string, etc, you’ll find that the population will have decreased and you’ll be glad you did it.