Deal with mosquito hawk
A mosquito hawk is the same as a native mosquito, having the same body structure but large. These flies are also referred to as crane fly having two large wings, slit legs, and a giant body. With its shape and size, many people thought cranes fly like a giant mosquito. These flies did bring a harmful thread to the common people. Recent studies say crane flies can’t be able to bite or suck your blood.
Like a traditional mosquito, crane flies do not bite or suck human blood. The crane fly work is to mate and procreate. You can find their larvae under the wet soil and leave edges. They come out during the winter season to feed off the plan parts. During summer adults will come out for mating
What is Mosquito Hawk?
The one good thing is mosquito hawks are not a mosquito, they just look like a mosquito. Many people imagine Mosquito Hawk will eat so they named as Mosquito Hawk. The Mosquito Hawks are crane flies, they neither sting nor bite. Mosquito hawk looks like a normal mosquito but large. So, if next time if you see the crawling sound of Mosquito Hawk near your window or door, don’t get panic by seeing its giant size.
- The size of its wing alone 6.5 cm.
- The body looks the same as a large mosquito having skinny legs that can be easily get broken.
- The size of larvae is about two inches
- The larvae stage looks like a caterpillar called leather jackets.
- The life span of an adult flies is up to the mating stage. It dies after laying eggs. The larvae prefer to live in a wet area like ditches and moisture land. They feed the decomposing leaves.
How to get rid of Mosquito Hawk?
No need to worry about the mosquito hawk infestation. But it’s safe to keep your place free from such pests. It causes damages only at the larvae stage, also it is difficult to find the Mosquito Hawk at the larvae stage in your lawns and yards. Here are some hacks to keep away the mosquito hawk from your place.
- Keep all your doors and windows close to prevent Mosquito Hawk from entering your place.
- Regularly trim your indoor plants and keep your place dry.
- Maintain your lawn properly to reduce the crane fly.
- Take care of your drainage place and
- Avoid overflow of waters or water clogging.
The one good thing about Mosquito Hawk is it won’t bite like a normal mosquito. You should take necessary actions only at its larvae stage and try to get rid of them from your lawns to avoid damages to your plants. For more information, connect with the professional pest control service and deal with Mosquito Hawks in an efficient way.