How to Keep Scorpions Out of your Home?
Scorpions are one of the scariest pests in the world, they can inject venom into your body and their bite will cause severe pain and health risks. Though they are helpful in eliminating other litter pests, they can bite humans if they are threatened or disturbed.
It is important to prevent your family, children, and pets from scorpion attack which is harmful to health. In this article, we will discuss, what attracts these scorpions in your home and how to keep scorpions out of your home.
What Attracts Scorpions in Your Place?
- Scorpions are attracted to their prey, and the presence of domestic pests and insects will easily attract scorpions in residential areas.
- Scorpions will search for water and any leakage in your pipe will attract them.
- During winter they will search for a warm place to stay so your house will be the best place for them, they will enter your house through any gaps and holes.
How to Keep Scorpions Out of your Home Naturally?
It is not advisable to kill any creatures and it is against the law too, so you can eliminate their presence from your home with natural methods.
Natural oils like lavender, peppermint, and cinnamon are helpful in eliminating these creatures. Mix any of these oils with a carrier oil and make a pest control spray, spray around the place where you can see the signs of scorpions. This is one of the highly effective ways to eliminate scorpions naturally.
You can also make use of the moistened burlap bags that are available in pest control shops. Keep the bag open where you can see the scorpions often, the warm environment will attract them, and they love to stay inside.
Keep the bag overnight and look for the presence of scorpions inside the bag, leave the existing scorpions away from your home and reuse the same bag to repeat the process. Repeat the process until you can reduce the presence of scorpions.
Scorpion Prevention Methods
- Eliminating other home insects will avoid the presence of scorpions
- Seal all the gaps and fix the leakages to avoid the entry points
- Trim all the grasses and bushes around your home that can act as the bridge for scorpions to enter your home
- Scorpions love to stay under any stones, rocks, woodpiles, and firewood so try to reduce the usage of these items in your yard or attic.
The above listed are some of the natural control methods to keep scorpions out of your home. I hope that the prevention methods and the scorpion attraction content will be helpful for you to eliminate their presence.
If you cannot eliminate their presence with these DIY methods, it is important to hire a professional pest control service. The experts are well trained and knowledgeable to sweep out entire pests in your place. Follow the instructions given by the professionals carefully and regularly, so you can avoid the presence of pests in your place for years.