How to Identify a False widow spider?
Everyone has an allergy or fear to face the spiders suddenly in their bathroom while having a shower or in their kitchen while cooking. The real fact is that not all spiders bring harm effect to our human lives. Only a few cause harmful threats to human life. False widow spider is one among them.
False widow spider is the species that gives a more threat and frightening effect to the humans and this spider bite is considered as harmful and poisonous
so, in this blog, we clearly explained in details detail about what to do if you find a false widow spider and what to do if false widow spider bite’s you.
False widow spider gets into your house during the winter season, the chillness and cool temperature, invites them towards the warm place, especially to your house. The attack will be severe once in a year, but everyone thinks it will leave after the temperature becomes normal, but the truth behind the false window is it won’t leave the place in sort time once they enter. It will live on the darker side of your house, especially in the basement and dark corners.
False widow spider
False widow spider is in the size of euro coins along with the legs. It looks in a black shine color having creamy layers on their feet.
The male false widow spider differs from the female widow spider by its appearance. A male one has a dark-colored abdomen and the female one has a faded pattern. The size of the male widow spider is about 7 – 10mm and the size of the female widow spider is about 8-16mm. The male ones are comparatively smaller in size.
Also, you can spot the difference by seeing their abdomens. Then the legs are mostly common to both.
False widow spider in the UK
If you have victims or spot false, widow spiders in your living place contact your local pest control services, and contact the doctor if you feel any itching or redness in your body.
Expert’s advice is if you saw any false widow spider in your living place, catch them using any glass bottle and throw them away without touching it by your hand.
Some people in the UK are confused with black widow spider and kill a native spider by mistakenly consider them as a false widow spider.
The three common false widow spiders in the UK are
- Rabbit hutch spider
- Cupboard spider
- Noble false widow spider
Each spider and species slightly differ in its color and its size. Let’s see how dangerous are false widow spider in the UK.
How dangerous are false widow spiders?
False widow spider produces up to 200 eggs every 3 weeks. The life span of this spider is more than the native spiders. False widow spiders live for 5 to 7 years and it means false widow spider high fertility life compare to native spiders.
False widow spider bite is cause sensation of sudden chillness, Goosebumps, fever, instant reddish color, itching and it affects the central nervous system.
The first symptoms of widow spiders are slight itching and red patches after some time swelling around the biting place and the skin turns into blackening.
Sometimes the itching develops as cellulitis through the spreading of bacteria during the spider bite.
What to do once you identify a False widow bite?
If you are having the sensation of a spider bite or facing any symptoms, contact your local pest control experts and ask them for simple home remedies. If you have more pain, then contact your health advisors and take proper treatment for false widow bite.
To track a biting area, mark a place with any marker, and monitor how the place changes red and growing of swellings.
Symptoms of false widow spider bite
Let’s check what will happen if the false widow spider bites you
- Itchiness and allergy signs
- Reddish pattern along with dark patches
- Minor irritation at starting
- Nausea and diarrhoea
- Fever symptoms
- Increasing in pulse and heart rate
- Dizziness and faint
- Wheezing and
Once you got these symptoms to do following before consult with your doctor
- Wash the affected and biting area with mild soap water
- Use bite spray or antiseptic lotion
- Apply turmeric with honey paste for instant relief
If the darkness and pain increases consult the medical specialist.
How to avoid False widow spider infestation?
Here are the pest control expert’s tips to getting rid of the false widow spider from the living place
- False widow spider makes their web in the dark corners of your living place particularly behind the furniture, basements area, between cracks in the wall, and around the wall decorations and wooden frames. Inspect these places in your house to get rid of them from your living place.
- False widow spiders hate the brightness and lights, so they will come out from its web mostly at the night-time. so, schedule your investigation during the night-time and not in the daytime.
- Limit the food source within your living place and not allow the food to spill out anywhere in your house. Also, limit the pests like woodlice, flies in your house, so the false widow will come out for the search of food.
- To get rid of the spider, use the hoover available in the local market that helps to sucks the spider from its web and the darkened corners. Using spider hoover helps to catch the spider from its place without killing them. Then you can dispose of the spiders outside your living place. If you are not sure to deal with these species, then call the pest exterminators and let them do their job.
These are the options to get rid of false widow spiders, try to avoid using the insecticides or pesticides that will be effective only for a short period. the spider will come back to your house once the effect of the chemical left. Also using chemical pesticides will harm other organisms and pets in your house.