How to get rid of carpet moths in London?
The carpet moths are the common household pest that can easily attract fibers and textiles. Carpet moths look like a larva and you can find this on any type of woolen materials and carpets. once carpet moths infested in your living place it causes the various problems and high damage to the costly things like carpets, rugs, woolen bedsheets and other woolen or soft fabric furnished things. Carpet moths are attracted to the natural fibers, if they are untreated, they cause damage to the wooden wardrobes, cupboards, and cause damage to the expensive garments like pullover, leather bags, and suits.
what are signs of carpet Moth?
Carpet moths are hard to identify by a naked eye due to its small shape. Compare to cloths moth carpet moth are very small and harder to identify its presents. here are some tips that help to identify a carpet moth.
- In the UK, there are two kinds of carpet moths named Tapestry carpet moth and case-bearing carpet moth. These are common moths that live in normal room temperature.
- Carpet moths are smaller in size its body size is about 5mm long
- The carpet moths are pale yellow colored and having light transparent colored wings.
- It lives mostly at the floor level
- The case bearing carpet moths are grain shaped bugs mostly present on the woolen carpets and rugs.
How to confirm the presence of carpet Moths?
- Do a regular inspection on carpets and other woolen materials.
- If there are any symptoms of patches on carpets or rugs, it is the sign of carpets infestation on carpets.
- The sign of infestation occurs mostly in unused rooms and unused furniture things.
- The larvae shaped bugs are embedded along with the fabric of the carpet, we can identify only by its smell.
- We can also identify the carpet moth infestation by its eggs.
How to get rid of carpet moths?
- Wash all the cloths regularly in warm water and after drying store the cloths in the airtight bags
- Regularly clean your cupboards and wardrobes and keep the space well ventilated.
- Freezing the woolen cloths helps to kill the eggs of carpet moths.
- Ironing is the best option to kill moths
- Regular vacuuming and steaming help to remove the carpet moths and its eggs
- Place seeds of rosemary, cloves, or bay leave in your cupboards to keep away the carpet moths from your clothing
- Keep all the kitchen products in a tightly closed container and check the ventilation of kitchen cabinets.
- Moths get vanished on high temperature, place carpets, and other woolen materials on sunlight once in a week to get rid of carpet moths.
- While vacuuming spray a moth repellent on the carpet fibers and leave it for 10 – 15 minutes and then vacuum the carpets.
- If you feel the infestation is heavy, then approach nearby pest control services and let them handle the control measures.