How to get rid of the pest in cloths?
Your cloth is not only get destroyed by the moths and bugs. The other pests like termites, cockroaches, beetles, and rodents are also in the scene of attacking the wool, fur, leather items, and other materials. The pests also attack the linens, cotton blend, and synthetic materials. Food spills left on our clothes, stains and other body smell invites the pest to the cloth storage box.
While using the chemical substances can control the pest infestations but at the same time, there is the chance of damaging your cloth fibers and cause some itching to your skin while using the same cloth. To avoid this, you can go for some organic and natural methods to control the pest on cloths that helps to safer your cloth fiber and your skin. Natural methods also have positive feedback among the people who have kids and pets in their homes. Apart from the natural pesticide regular vacuuming helps to keep away any kind of pests from your clothes and carpets.
Let’s check what is the pest that Damages the cloths
- Carpet Beetles
- Cloth Moths
These are the most common pest that causes heavy damage to your house-hold clothing, especially the clothing made up of woolen and other animal skins. Now check out the natural methods to prevent those pests from your clothing.
How to control the carpet Beetles Naturally?
Check all the corners of the room, baseboards, and carpets where the beetles get feed. To control the Beetles completely you should follow the basic prevention methods
- Make sure all your clothes are properly cleaned, dried and stored properly without any moisture
- Vacuum regularly to remove the adults, eggs, and larvae from carpets and cloths. Also, remove the vacuum bag immediately to avoid further infestation.
- Before the washing freeze, the cloth around 48 hours to kill the eggs and beetles then wash the infested cloths.
- Steaming and dry cleaning is also an effective method to kill beetles naturally
- Try to sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet before vacuuming. This helps to make your carpet free from the pest.
How to control the cloth Moths Naturally?
- Cloth Moths can be treated naturally using essential lavender oil and bay leaves.
- Place the dried lavender near your clothing or spray the lavender oils to get rid of cloth moths
- Freeze the cloth before washing that helps to kill moth eggs
- Not only freezing high temperature also helps to reduce the cloth moth naturally without any damages.
How to control the cockroaches naturally?
We wrote more articles to get rid of cockroaches naturally.
- Regular inspection and regular laundry help to keep away the cockroaches
- Use cinnamon powder to kill the cockroaches naturally
- Sprinkle little amount of cinnamon powder and sugar on the cockroach traffic area and see the difference
- Steam cleaning also helps to keep the cockroaches away from your clothing