Common Hazards in Pest Control
A pest is the kind of living creature that spreads more dreadful diseases and creates a nuisance to the other living organism in the earth. It causes the main disturbance to humans by infesting their living place and agricultural land that leads to a drastic change in human health and their economic growth. The pest like rodents, mice, mosquitoes, rats, cockroaches, wasp, bed bugs, wooden lice is the most common pest in London.
What are the diseases carries by the pests?
The pests and the insects act as the primary and intermediate transmitters of the spreading of diseases to humans. Let’s see the types of diseases carries by the specific pests.
Transmitter – Mosquitoes
Malaria is the most dangerous disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes mostly during the rainy season. The main symptoms of malaria are fever, vomiting, headache, and illness.
Transmitter – Rodents like rat and mouse are the main transmitter
Rodents are poisonous and cause diseases to many organisms and humans. Rodents are disease triggers by itself and at the same time, it carries various viral infections and dangerous diseases. Hantavirus is one of the viral diseases caused by rodents.
Transmitter – cockroaches
The saliva of cockroaches can cause both asthma and allergies to humans. Cockroaches also cause other respiratory diseases like wheezing, cold, cough, shortness of breath, and ear infections.
Hazards on Pest Control Measures
Not only the pests create problems for human life also the chemicals used in the pest control methods cause lots of hazards to humans. The toxic nature of pesticides cause itching to the skins, eyes burning and other harmful diseases to the humans
The pesticides used on the pest control methods are poisonous and creates the same harm to humans like pests. It causes various respiratory diseases and sometimes this leads to cancer. Here is the list of some common hazards faced by most of the people in London.
- Inhalation of chemical pesticide cause more respiratory problems
- Some of the pesticide used of agricultural farms have flammable effects that cause skin irritation and skin burns
- Most concentrated pesticides cause eye irritations and sometimes it causes blindness.
- While physical pest control on agricultural farms cause rodents to bite and snake bite.
- There are the possibilities of accidents while working on any commercial spaces or commercial buildings
Pest control safety precautions
The attempt of the pest control services with the safety precautions safeguards humans from the causing of dangerous hazards and infections. Here we listed some of the safety precautions while doing the pest control methods.
- Read the instruction of the pesticides thrice before using in the agricultural area or in any buildings. This helps to understand the using procedure.
- Wear perfect clothes, gloves, and mask while handling the pest control method to prevent irritation and itching.
- Dispose of the used pesticide containers properly, Don’t let any used wrappers or containers near the living place.
- Before practicing the pest control methods properly wrap all the food products and move the household things to some other place.
- Use only specified pesticide for the particular pests, don’t use anything from the way of your own assumption.