Both rats and mice need pest control as soon as possible. Rodents are sneaky little creatures that can hide easily and are often heard scurrying around at night. And they breed fast. If you have noticed and dealt with a mouse or rat problem in the past and dealt with it, you have to keep looking around to make sure that you don’t have new mice or rats moving in and causing another infestation. Here are some signs to watch for, if you feel like you may still have mice or rats in your home.
Don’t let the title fool you: bee removal is serious business. If you notice that you have a hive in your home or around it, then bee removal is something that you need to look at seriously so that you can enjoy your home and property once again. It is recommended that you always get a professional help you remove bees, as they can be very dangerous to both you and your home.
Having a bat inside your home does not mean you have an infestation on your hands, contrary to popular belief. One bat, of course, is a problem, but it may just be an isolated incident.
When you notice a bat has entered your house, the first step is to make sure there hasn’t been any exposure to pets or individuals within your home. If you are uncertain of this, make sure the bat is submitted for rabies testing for peace of mind. For this to happen, you would need to catch it, although this method isn’t recommended without professional help.
Not only do rodents cause significant property damage, but they also carry diseases which can be transmitted to your pets, that can become deadly. They also carry fleas and ticks which are easily given to your pets, so it is best to take these rodent control solutions to prevent rodents from nesting in your property.
There is a lot of debate on whether foxes need to be controlled because they pose a danger to domestic pets. Animals such as cats and dogs, which will defend themselves if attacked and fight back, whilst caged and small animals living outdoors are considered to be the ones most at risk.
Dogs are generally not in danger from foxes, although there is a risk that very small dogs or puppies may be attacked because of their small stature. Cats have defensive behaviour in their nature, so foxes tend to leave them alone.
Hopefully, you’ve been preventing pests during the autumn, but remember that winter is not far around the corner which means even cooler temperatures…not only to us but to pests of all shapes and sizes too. They interpret the weather changes in the same way we do, which means they will be seeking a warm, safe place to wait out the colder months.
It’s that time of year where you have to start worrying about your friendly neighbourhood London squirrels and their nuisance behaviour of creeping into your loft or your shed and causing damage. Before you get out the pitchforks, however, you should find out how pest control companies handle squirrels. And in the meantime, here are a few insights into what makes squirrels so interesting…
1. There are over 280 species of squirrels: they may all look similar to each other to you, and you’re not alone in thinking that, but there are a lot of different kinds!
2. Squirrels love to hoard their food: You may already know this from finding little stock piles in your garden in the spring, but squirrels are some of the worst pests for hoarding their food in hiding spots, other than foxes.
3. Squirrels are super sniffers: These guys can sniff out food that is buried a foot beneath the snow! Maybe that’s how they find all the food they’ve hidden…
4. Squirrels have great eyesight, too: This is how they keep themselves safe from predators of all kinds…they can see everything!
5. They have massive front teeth: This may be a commonly known fact for us, as we are used to seeing these animals with their large front teeth. But did you know that rodents’ teeth never stop growing? This is part of why they love nibbling so much, as it keeps the teeth from getting too big. Pretty interesting trait to have don’t you think?
6. Squirrels plant trees: When squirrels forget too dig up a hidden acorn, it can actually plant a tree. Talk about multitasking. Save a squirrel, they’re helping reverse deforestation!
7. Squirrels are sneaky: Anyone who has tried to keep a squirrel off a feeder knows this, but it goes further. Squirrels, knowing that predators are watching them bury their food, will often pretend to bury something, but not really do it. Pretty innovative, and it has proved successful so far for many squirrels out there. Being so sneaky means that squirrels are successful pests too!
It’s understandable if you aren’t the biggest fans of squirrels, except in the park, but the thing to remember is that they aren’t just pests like some rodents are. They do some good for the environment. Plus, you have to admit that some of these facts are pretty inspiring.
Our mouse control technicians here at Empire Pest Control London put their expertise to bring you this useful infographic to provide you with some helpful insights into some of the main reasons you should get rid of mice as early on as possible. There are some points here that you might not have been aware of, things we are able to advise about based on many years of experience in the area of pest control for mice. People often call in pest services to deal with a mouse problem in London because they are scared of these creatures or think they are unhygienic to have in the house.
If you are like any normal modern person who hates having insects buzzing around and causing problems, you’ve probably thought about looking into an electric fly unit. These are electric zappers that will attract insects and then kill them with an electric current. This is where you will find out everything you need to know about the technology and the options.
If you’re like most people in London, you are a busy person who doesn’t have a lot of time to deal with anything other than the essential things that are popping up in your life. And, unless you are a pest control officer, dealing with an invasion of pests is not on your ” to do” list. So, make sure they are never a problem for you by working to think like a pest to keep your home free from their favourite things. We have all of the advice that you need to do this effectively.