Basic Rules of Pest Control
How many of us have unwanted critters lurking around somewhere in our homes?
No matter which season, they seem to be growing rapidly in mass and number, regardless of what you try to do.
If this sounds like something you are currently dealing with, then read on for some great tips.
Pest elimination advice
- Ensure there is nothing sticky left around your home. Candy, spilt juice, and any other sugar-based consumables is a major magnet of attraction for bugs. If you have children, try and supervise them during dessert/treat times.
- Reduce your usage of outdoor lighting. A lot of pests are attracted to bright lights. You may have noticed, in the summer evenings, you tend to close the windows to prevent bugs from getting in your home; as they are drawn to light. During evenings, ensure you draw curtains and blinds to avoid attracting these pests.
- Did you know, pests can get into your home via your chimney? So it is worth installing a chimney cap, which allows smoke to pass through while preventing pests from being able to pass through, along with the countless parasites and lice they could be carrying with them. Not only does a chimney cap avert an entry point for bugs, but also squirrels and birds too!
- Ensure you don’t leave any unsealed cracks in your home, these can provide an open gateway for pests to get into your home.
- In highly polluted areas; cities such as London, the risk of pests is much higher, ensure you only hire specialist experts in Pest Control in London for the job.
- When buying plants or seeds for your home, always ensure you check them for insects. Not only can they come with insects intact, but these plants can also have diseases which can attract bugs. Ensure you don’t keep something that attracts pests in the home, these are best left out in the garden.
- When having new windows installed, ensure they come with protection screens. These screens can defend bugs from entering your property; great long-term investment, indeed!
- Install a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air inside your home during the summer months; bugs love moisture.
- Bedbugs can be a complete nightmare – literally. These clever little bugs can survive up to a whole year without any nourishment! Beware, they hide during the day and come out during the night to feast on human blood; you have been warned! If you live in the capital, it is always worth contacting Pest Control in London to ensure you get rid of the problem, completely.
- If you feel like termites are eating away at your house, try using sealant in your basement. The basement is one of their primary entry points.
- Ensure any areas where food is consumed is cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis, all it takes is five minutes in a day to ensure this area is kept spotless and hygienic.
Many homeowners deal and battle with various pests for months on end without realising the real extent of the problem. It is always handy to call in the pest experts such as Pest Control in London to assess what you may be dealing with.
And, what’s more; at least you’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep knowing there aren’t any unwanted intruders lurking around, helping themselves.