How to get rid of Carpet bugs?
All you must know about Carpet bugs and getting rid
What are carpet bugs?
Carpet bugs are not like the other pests, they are invisible to human eyes and they easily enter your house. Carpet bugs are differing from the bed bugs. Like bed bugs carpet bugs won’t bite you. Their target is to infest the dead skin or dead cells, so they get attracted to the carpets made of natural animal fabrics.
Usually carpet bugs damage fabrics like cloths, wool and fur products. They cause severe damage to the natural fibers.
The carpet bugs live in a dark place and it avoids light source and heat. You can easily identify the sign of infection by the smell and faded look of your carpets.
Carpet bugs not only cause damages to your carpets sometimes it bites clothes, fabrics, and wood as same as your carpets. They won’t live in the same place; they will roam around here and there in all the parts of your home wherever the natural source of fiber presence. Treating carpet bugs is not an easy task unless you are an expert.
We can’t say insure from what ways the carpet bugs enter your house, they may enter your house in all possible ways. They may enter through flowers you bought, cloths, and even by windows and doors. Once the carpet bugs settled in your house, they started to lay eggs on your clothes, rugs, and carpets, their larva will develop on the same rug, cloths, and carpets.
Things to know about Carpet Bugs
- It causes damages to natural fabrics like carpets, wall hangings, clothes, and rugs.
- Infestation also occurs on Moist food products and some dried foods
- Carpet Bugs also infest on woolen items and silk
- Like other insects it doesn’t cause any damages to humans in rare cases it causes some allergic symptoms
What do carpet bugs look like?
Carpet bugs are small, and it looks like round shaped seeds. They enter your house by sticking with your products. Once they enter, they will rapidly increase and multiplies into a large group of bugs. They stick into your carpet and damages your carpet fibers.
The entry suspectable area for the carpet bugs are windows and door open, some of the carpet bugs are easy to identify in the larva stage. Their black and grey combination easily shows its identity. The adult carpet bugs are rare to identify and they hid on the dark side of your houses like under the carpets, the backside of wardrobes along with the food items.
Due to the tiny size of carpet bugs, there is difficulty to see those bugs with the naked eye. But damages made them are surely a noticeable one. Compare to the adult carpet bugs the larvae are the most responsible creatures for the heavy damages in your house.
The life cycle of carpet Bugs
To understand more about the carpet bugs, check out the life cycle and different stages of Carpet bugs. This also helps you in the prevention method.
You can easily vanish it at the stage of the egg before it develops into larva or bugs.
Stage 1: EGG
Female carpet bugs lay eggs near to any of the food items or too near your furniture. The lifecycle happens in the season at the end of the summer and starting in autumn. Once the egg got hatch, the larvae will come out
Stage 2: LARVAE
The next stage is the larva, it develops in the dark and invisible areas like under the furniture or edges of carpets. They feed clothing, leather materials, carpets, woolen materials, and food items like dried meat and cereals.
The larvae will last up to one year it depends on the food and weather condition. Once the larva lasts their skin then it transfers into the next stage.
Stage 3: PUPAL STAGE
The life of the pupal lasts for 60 days. After laying an egg the female bugs will die within a few hours.
So, the larvae stage is the most dangerous one, it survives for 365 days and in that period it will cause all damages as much it can.
How carpet bugs made an entry?
Mostly carpet bugs are referred to as carpet beetles, most of the carpet bugs made their entry from the house roof along with the pipeline and then infest on your household things. Once they enter, they cause heavy damages to natural and woolen fur things made of animal skins.
Entry source of carpet bugs:
1.Open doors: They can easily enter if your doors are open, even some of the bugs can fly.
2. Flowers bought from shops: Along with the flowers you bring from your garden place or market
3.Luggage: They may enter your house along with the luggage you carried while traveling
4.Food items: some of the food items like milk products or dried nuts
5.Another pest’s nest: It uses the nest of other pest and if the nest is close to your house or on the roof, they can enter easily.
6. cracks in the walls: Even a small hole is enough for carpet bugs to make an entry, cracks in your walls or ceilings help to make their entry
7.spider webs: spider web in your house ceilings helps as the entryway for carpet bugs
8. Mattresses: Due to darkness and warmness, same as bed bugs carpet bugs also attracted to the mattresses and beds
9. Dead insects: you may leave dead insects like cockroach or others in your home without your knowledge. some of the bed bugs feed dead skin of other animals or insects
10.Trash bags: Trash bags near you living place may act as the source of Bug infestation
How to get rid of carpet bugs?
Controlling a carpet bug infestation is a slight risk factor. Anyhow we listed some treatments to get rid of carpet bugs, this may help you to avoid the more damages.
- Do a regular vacuuming and sweeping
- Steam cleaning is another good option to control the carpet bugs
- Store the animal meat in the freezer
- Tightly close the all the lids of food containers
- Don’t leave any pets wood or wastes in and around your home
- Seal the crack and openings
- If you found any eggs, then immediately use the vacuum to vanish
- Use a handy vacuum and treat any woolen products you are having in your house.
- Dry cleaning is mandatory for all-natural products
- Don’t let any wood wastes near your home place.